BACK IN CANADA









berlin was fantastic, thea was perfect host and fed me full of tasty sweets and good food

glad i was there
it was like going home after my mad travels
a place of reflection before continuing on. . .

paris was perfect the second time round
more expensive than berlin, for sure
but my resolve to relearn french is stronger yet again

it seems the most canadian thing to do.

and i am canadian after all. . .

i got to go to an art gallery opening at the national gallery for an artist (american) named peter doiag
very paint what he sees
framed snapshots of the places in his life
large large works and extermely intimate in an endearing way

went to my favourite brasserie for lunch, need to find a place in edmonton just like it. . .or go back to paris

caught the last train to the aeroport and spent the hight on a hard bench
good thing i can sleep anywhere well
traveling all day
catching more time and extending my day as i travelled into the west

sat in a bar in minnapolis and had lovely conversations with a number of people
got quite drunk as i waited for my plane to edmonton

arrived back in edmonton last night
late late
got a ride in with shirley who was visiting family in nebraska
so grateful because airport shuttle was shut down

canadian customs unpacked all my bags looking for. . .who knows what somekind of contraband

on monday i will head out to beartrap lake for the month of june
working and swimming is how i plan to spend most of my time
wish me luck




Take Care

Love, Ruth

Edmonton, Alberta


~Life is Mad Love! Das Leben ist wütende Liebe! La vida es amor enojado! La vie est amour fol! La vita è amore pazzo!









Comments

Popular Posts