okay made it to polandsmells

okay made it to poland
smells of garlic sausage and canola fields

got here very late
and nice fellow from train helped me find my hostel
it was not difficult to find but he seemed like he wanted to help and it was easy to accept
of course then it turned out the hostel was actually full and i had to find another
it was very easy as well
though some how from there to here i lost my beautiful scarf
(and i was just saying to thea how i chose it with such care to come from canada becase it was both colourful and warm -ieyah-yah)
i will go look for it today on a walk back to the first hostel-if i find it great joy and if not i will find another -maybe in ukraine.
i also forgot the camera charger in berlin and so now must be very careful in turning off the camera. forgetful ruth.

i off to look through the city.

thea i will let you know later today where to mail the charger and then just let me know the cost and i will pay you when i return to berlin

okay off i go.

Take Care

Love, Ruth

~Life is Mad Love! Das Leben ist wütende Liebe! La vida es amor enojado! La vie est amour fol! La vita è amore pazzo!

Comments

  1. Re: [Just mentioning] 5/04/2008 10:20:00 AM‏
    From: Shelly Sharp (shellyasharp@gmail.com)
    Sent: May 4, 2008 6:25:11 AM
    To: ruthie travels (sorochanruth@hotmail.com)
    what a whirlwind of countries! you're moving fast! (says me who only got to the second stop of the hop off and on bus and stayed so long they refunded my money because they changed directions by the time I thinking of getting ready to hop back on!) Oh gracious. seems like a lifetime ago, and in some ways is. I don't smoke cigarettes, I don't drink booze anymore, don't even write poems which is a sad thing.
    I do make up crazy games in my gym, hahaha. changed my call and response tag from "Little fish, little fish, come swim in my sea" "Sharky Sharky Sharky you can't catch me" "Oh, yeah?!" to "Stinky fish, stinky fish, come swim in my sea" "Grumpy squid, grumpy squid, you can't catch me" "Oh yeah?" and shot out foam noodles at them to catch them and have them come and be grumpy squids with me in the center. Was just exhausted and really crabby. Maybe we'll do crabby crab next time.
    We're training for the Halo road race so its a lot of running. Some of the classes I will run with, and I do the speed walk to the park and run at noon with them on top of being a fair weather cyclist. Getting to be a lean mean PE machine. The quitting drinking thing is a trip - I actually have a waist: I think my liver has gone down in size.
    I was talking with one of my students and confessed I hate running. I said "I hide it pretty well eh?" He replied "No, you lean forward when you run." This strikes a chord of terror in my heart. I hope to heaven I do not run like whimpy Michelle Mah. I hated the way she would run, and to realize I have been doing the same thing for 30 years past my momments of scorn would be quite a blow to my arrogance! Yikes.
    On that note! love and hugs! Bet the Ukraine will have magnificent scarves. I remember coming back from Indonesia and I was so cheap I didn't get anything really good: only a sarong that I never wear, just look at and think that I was silly to have been so cheap. Oh well. Just wasn't into shopping or the markets.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts