pretty good






today is is a reading day. i found an english book in the hostel -blood letting and other miraculous cures by vincent lam- and it is grey and cloudy and cold. so i am under a blanket on the porch reading and gazing up at the tall trees.

yesterday was spectacular and sunny. i walked up into the tatra mountains with a fellow named Marcel. it was good because i walked further with him then i would have gone on my own. we walked and sat and walked and talked. gorgeous views and rosy sun-kissed cheeks

after the day we finished at a local restaurant near the hostel
warm spicy beer
dill soup from Transylvania. . .so good
sauerkraut with tender tender pork in wine
and to finish cherry vodka

if i had to forget my battery charger some place and have to wait for it to catch up i am glad i am here.


Take Care

Love, Ruth


~Life is Mad Love! Das Leben ist wütende Liebe! La vida es amor enojado! La vie est amour fol! La vita è amore pazzo!

Comments

  1. oooo pictures. Thank you. love that.

    Mom and Dad are at the lake.

    I finished work last week and we moved all the stuff down to Banff on the weekend with the van. It was a long couple of days but it
    went smooth so that was great. Now Lars is going on his week long mountain trip and I'm back here in Edmonton relaxing and *sigh* contemplating fixing up the kitchen, painting, putting evestroughs, and laying sod. I wish you were here because you're so good at that stuff. :)

    But - Dah Dah DAH...I got a good quote for the roof and they started immediately so now it's ALL DONE!! I'm so happy about that. A big relief. It's kind of nice up there and I can't believe we never went up there for a beer with all those trees. Now I just have to finish these outstanding renos and find a renter. I think I'm going to be here in June though and renting for June 15 or July 1.

    Hey the mocking shadows and souljah fyah are playing at the granite curling club June 7 Saturday. Tickets 35$. Want me to get you one?

    Also, William of the Housling is leaving this summer so it will be up for rent probably July 1 or Aug 1.

    That's all the news for now. I guess I did have a lot :) but that 's enough yacking for me.

    Have a good time! More Pictures!
    ~E

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will be home then. . .and on a weekend. . .i will make sure to be there. bet it will be a good show. yes please if you think they will sell out, get me a ticket please.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts