I see the value in...

Mundane existence. I am impatient with it. I frown and sneer at it. I fall into it. Then berate myself for not fighting hard enough against it.

I struggle with the mundane because I like distractions and have difficulty setting my hours into neat schedules. It is preferable for me to stress myself with impending deadlines than it is to pace my work and set measurable quotas. This is not a very productive way to work, but I've told myself I perform best under pressure for a very long time now.

I admire your Zen approach, but doubt I could ever emulate it. You've suggested I embrace the mundane aspects of work (of writing) before, and I tried. Now that you've reminded me, I'll try again, but I may just be a lost, all-nighter, intellectual adrenaline junkie. Sadly, it means that sometimes, I tend to sleep all day, and I'm beginning to feel guilty about napping like I do.

Today was a good day. I'm returning to my life of books. How was yours?

Comments

Popular Posts